2020 Camp Details
1) Due to space limitations at Lake Murray, only a certain number of spots are available for the camp this year. These spots are filled as applications and payments are received. Once we have reached the maximum enrollment, no more students can be accepted. Get your registration in as early as possible.
2) $525.00 balance per student is due in full by May 1st. There can be no refunds issued. You may pay with a credit card by calling 940-390-6798. Please leave a message if your call is not answered and your call will be returned promptly. Please leave a message! Paying with a credit card adds a credit card charge of $15.00.
3) The camp performance on Friday will take place at the Lake Murray Lodge.
4) All orchestra members need to bring their own instruments and instrument accessories (shoulder bars, rock stops, rosin, etc.). Each camp member should bring their own labeled music stand to camp with them.
5) The following meals will be provided:
Monday: lunch and dinner/ Tuesday: breakfast, lunch, and dinner/ Wednesday: breakfast, lunch, and dinner/Thursday: breakfast, lunch, and lunch/ Friday: breakfast and lunch. All included meals will be furnished by Lake Murray Resort food services. They have arranged to serve a well-balanced menu with a variety of selections. Special accommodations for meals need to be submitted in writing to the camp director no later than May 1st .
6) Students will be chaperoned at all times during the camp. All participants are required to attend all scheduled camp functions. Camp participants are not allowed to leave the park grounds unless they are accompanied y their parent/ guardian. Parents must sign their child out if they leave the camp. We cannot allow commuters to attend the camp due to insurance requirements. Camp members are not allowed to drive their personal vehicles once the camp begins. A nurse will be on call for the entire camp and a officer will patrol the lodge area each night. Each student must fill out and have their parent/guardian sign a medical release before checking into camp on Monday morning. A camp handbook with all pertinent information, including a packing list and an emergency contact number, will be mailed at the end of May to all students who have registered for the camp.
7) Dress for the camp is cool and casual. Students will never need formal clothing, as they will be provided with a camp T-shirt to wear for the Friday concert. You may wear shorts to the final concert. If you wish to swim during the week you will need a swimsuit. Linens and towels will be provided in your rooms. You will only need to bring personal items and clothing.
A camp handbook with all pertinent information, including a packing list and emergency contact numbers, will be mailed at the end of May to all students who have registered for the camp.
Parents are invited to the final performance at the Lake Murray Lodge. We please ask that parents do not come to the resort early on Friday as the dining and other facilities can only accommodate our camp students.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or visit our web site: